Hayat Brown is a diversely staffed engineering and advisory firm providing expertise to public and private institutions involved in the planning, construction, and operation of civil and social infrastructure projects, as well as commercial real estate development, particularly in urban areas. We bring a unique combination of engineering technical expertise, public-private partnership (P3) and real estate advisory expertise to provide governments and educational institutions comprehensive solutions to complex real estate, capital improvement, and economic development endeavors. Our engineering and advisory expertise covers the full lifecycle of capital improvement and economic development projects — from concept through operations. Our engineering services supports the planning, design, construction and on-going asset management of civil and social infrastructure projects — performed by highly skilled and accredited professionals.
Hayat Brown is seeking a Business Development Manager/Senior Manager to work with senior executives to hone and execute the Company’s Federal government business development strategy by product and/or Federal agency. This position will identify, qualify, and win new Federal business opportunities and establish and sustain effective and collaborative strategic relationships with the key decision-makers and contracting professionals at Federal agencies, as well as key teaming partners.
- Lead strategic business development and oversee pursuit of Federal services across various federal DoD and civilian agencies including US Air Force, USACE, NAVFAC, DOI, GSA, DHS, FHWA, and other agencies.
- Serve as capture manager and work with the Marketing and Proposal Manager to prepare major Federal proposals and/or task order bids.
- Execute strategies and tactics to deliver a qualified pipeline of contract opportunities with pursuit/win plans for each
- Develop and maintain a strong understanding of the procurement structures, key contract vehicles, potential teaming partners (primes and subs), and major competitors in target markets
- Meet and exceed quarterly and annual sales targets and assist the Company in growing existing business
- Coordinate and lead face-to-face customer meetings with senior management and C-Level Executives
- Identify large, multi-year opportunities and develop relationships with associated key business decision-makers and teaming partners
- Attend conferences and other external meetings to explore business development opportunities
- 7 years of Federal business development experience.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Direct experience with federal DoD and civilian agency contracting platforms, protocols and procedures
- Proficient in use of Federal contracting websites for identifying and qualifying opportunities
- Must be a US Citizen
- Ability to travel (client/internal meetings, conferences, project sites, etc.)
- Experience selling civil engineering or related advisory services and solutions to US Federal Government, in particular USACE, USAF, NAVFAC, DHS, GSA, and/or DOI
- Experiencing developing and/or executing a firm’s SBA 8(a) program
- Proven leader with a strong background in strategic planning, business development, capture management
- Experience with aggregators of federal contracting opportunities
- Exceptional interpersonal, presentation, and organizational skills
- Ability to build rapport and a trust with key clients, executive leaders, and team members
- Be positive, persuasive, open, and professional with both internal and external stakeholders
- Knowledge of and work experience with specific Government programs and the Government acquisition cycles as it relates to large mission support capture pursuits
- Sufficient technical orientation to sell and speak authoritatively about Hayat Brown’s engineering Strong technical orientation
- A professional leader and communicator who is comfortable in front of large groups as well as senior government and industry personnel
- Excellent project management and execution skills including clear methods for tracking action items, consistent follow-up with involved parties, and ability to lead executive briefings on opportunities and progress
- Competitive salary
- Up to 25 days of vacation, plus five (5) days of personal leave and paid holidays
- Health benefits package including medical, dental, and vision
- Disability insurance
- 401K retirement plan with up to 5% match